Zero Waste Store
Joburg's One-Stop Plastic-Free Shop!
The SEK Collective Zero Waste Store offers a wide variety of whole foods, cleaning and body care products in bulk, making everyday essentials available without the unnecessary packaging.
We help you to live a more zero waste and low impact lifestyle, benefiting your health and that of the planet.
You simply fill your own containers with as much of what you want, and pay for it by weight.
Easy and environmentally friendly!
How it works
1. Bring your own container (or purchase a glass jar or reusable produce bag or use a free recycled paper bag) - weigh it
2. Fill your container with as much of whatever you need (nuts, seeds, flours, grains,cleaning products etc.)
3. Take it back to the weighing scale and it will give you a weight and price for the product only
4. Label the jar with the above info (this is handy so you don't forget what is in the jar - a lot of things look the same..)
4. This is what you pay for. It’s a tried & tested system that is used in zero waste shops around the world.